SSH_ASKPASS behavior change proposal

Lance E Sloan lsloan at umich.edu
Sat Jan 20 06:17:56 EST 2007

Mr. Morgan, thank you very much for the response.

Yes, I think I see how that could help.  I could start up an ssh
control master in another window that connects to the CVS/SVN
repository before I start a client.

I have a question about the "ask" setting for ControlMaster.  The
manpage says:

Setting this to ``ask'' will cause ssh to listen for control
connections, but require confirmation using the SSH_ASKPASS program
before they are accepted (see ssh-add(1) for details).

I tried this, and ssh did indeed invoke my SSH_ASKPASS, but I wasn't
sure what the correct response was.  I tried my password for the remote
host and password for my local host.  Neither worked.  Then I noticed
that it was prompting "Allow shared connection to [hostname_here]?", so
I tried answering "y" and "yes", but neither of those worked, either.

What kind of answer is it expecting?

Quoting Iain Morgan <imorgan at nas.nasa.gov> (Fri 19 Jan 2007 12:08:49 PM EST):

--
Lance E Sloan, Application Developer
Evil is my middle name.  Some people think it's Eugene, though.