support of locale

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Wed Jan 24 11:37:23 EST 2007

Darren Tucker wrote:
> Cynthia K MULLIS wrote:
>> When I ssh to a server, the locale information is set to "C" regardless
>> of the settings in the /etc/default/init.
>
> OpenSSH's sshd does not parse /etc/default/init, so unless your shell
> does then you won't see them.
>
> I don't know what normally parses it on Solaris, but if it's a PAM
> module then enabling PAM might help.

It's parsed by "init", oddly enough ;-)

If you change /etc/default/init, you need to reboot (sadly, there is no
way to get init to re-read the config file). Then init will have the new
settings, and all children of init will inherit them.

I haven't looked at the source to see if sshd will pass said environment
along to its children or not.

--
Carson