The Camellia block cipher for OpenSSH 4.6p1.

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Fri Jul 13 04:31:33 EST 2007

Hello Yoshisato,

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 07:26:51PM +0900, Yoshisato YANAGISAWA wrote:
> I implemented a patch for porting the Camellia block cipher to
> one of the OpenSSH-usable cipher.  Camellia is one of the approved
> encryption methods of NESSIE and has specified in several RFCs.
> I put the patch at:
> http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~yanagis0/text/camellia/openssh-4.6p1-0.2.patch
> in http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~yanagis0/text/camellia-e.html.

I must say I find it truly inspiring to see this open attitude
in national organizations and big companies. :)

> I hope you will enjoy this patch and OpenSSH will use it.

Since there was not much immediate interest I would suggest opening a
bug in the OpenSSH bug tracker at https://bugzilla.mindrot.org/ so
that the patch is not forgotten in the mailing list archives.

Actually, it may be more appropriate to get a patch into the upstream
OpenBSD OpenSSH bug tracker so that not only -portable gets the new
cipher. The cipher seems to be license-compatible with OpenBSD,
right?

Thank you!

//Peter