openssh ssh_askpass problem / question

Alphenaar, Jan jan.alphenaar at bearingpoint.com
Wed Jul 25 18:27:46 EST 2007

Dear list,

I have set up SSH with the SSH_ASKPASS and DISPLAY variable set.
Everything works perfectly. When ssh is used without a tty, the askpass
program is executed, providing the password.

But when I change the location of the askpass program, so it contains a
space in the absolute path name (for example "c:\My Documents\askpass")
the askpass program cannot be found. I get a "c:\My is not recognized as
an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" error
message back.

This indicates that openssh executes the askpass program with an
absolute path, without decently quoting the string. I am using the
cygwin implementation of openssh, currently version 4.6p1.

If anybody can give me some help or directions with this issue, I would
greatly appreciate it.

Warm regards,

Jan
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.