SFTP seems to ignore permissions

Mark McBride MMcBride at ohsers.org
Mon Jul 30 23:16:33 EST 2007

I am trying to use sftp for a drop box type of application.

Using a common userid and password, allow known entities to PUT files on
my server. But not allow them get GET the files that are there, not to
overwrite on the files.

However, sftp seems to ignore that file permissions that are on the
files! I change the permissions to 000 and a client can still GET the
file and overwrite it with a new file!

What can I do to configure the sftp-server to behave the way I need?

Thanks

mark

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The School Employees Retirement System of Ohio intends this e-mail message, and any attachments, to be used only by the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. This message may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If the reader is not the intended recipient of this message or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are prohibited from printing, copying, storing, disseminating or distributing this communication.  If you received this communication in error, please delete it from your computer and notify the sender by reply e-mail.