VPN in Windows?

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Tue Jul 31 07:52:38 EST 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 02:26:45PM -0700, foo wrote:
> Is there any chance that the VPN feature of the client can be
> ported to Windows (such that even non-Cygwin Windows programs would
> be able to use it) any time in the near future?

I doubt it. OpenSSH is not easily portable to Win32.

> It seems like many people would find this feature useful on
> Windows. If not, is there any other way to accomplish the OpenSSH
> VPN thing with other free tools?

I would suggest looking into the free software tool OpenVPN at
http://openvpn.net/ and the Win32 tool OpenVPNGUI at
http://openvpn.se/ for a VPN software that works well on Win32.
OpenVPNGUI even distribute an installer with everything needed for
Win32.

//Peter