Recent MAC improvements: Test Results

Chris Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Tue Jun 12 08:46:49 EST 2007

I ran it a few times earlier with aes128 but the results were
inconsistent. I felt it was because I was hitting a disk i/o bottleneck
instead of a processor limitation. I'll try it now with arcfour256.

Still, even though the difference posted might not seem impressive I
actually thought it was. 1MB/s can make a *serious* difference when you
are dealing with terabyte datasets.