OPENSSH Support Policies

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Fri Jun 15 09:48:16 EST 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Brewer, Richard V. USNCIV NAVAIR N/A wrote:

> Do you have a limitation on providing support for the older versions of
> OPENSSH?  The version in question is 4.3P2

The OpenSSH team only supports the latest released version, in that we
don't go out of our way to provide fixes for previous versions (though
often the fix for the latest version will apply anyway).

If you need long-term support for a fixed version, you can seek it through
your operating system vendor or contract an interested developer directly.

-d