IdleTimeout patch did not get in?

B Wooster bwooster47 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 20:47:50 EST 2007

On 6/24/07, Darren Tucker <dtucker at zip.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 12:54:27PM -0400, B Wooster wrote:
> > On 6/24/07, Darren Tucker <dtucker at zip.com.au> wrote:
> [...]
> > > What you need to do is remove all keepalives.  The problem is that as soon
> > Thanks - I'll test this out - need 8 hours to test!
> > ClientAliveInterval was set to 0, so that was correct.
> > TCPKeepAlive was set to yes - I've set it to no, and re-started server

No luck - on coming back from standby, after  8 hours, get the
"Network error: software caused abort" type of message.
So I presume it must be something on the Windows side that is causing
this, not a OpenSSH issue.

For now, I've minimized the trouble of re-connecting by using public
key authentication, so don't have to manually enter username and
password each time I reconnect.