Security Update from MAC breaks ssh -X

Starr Hazard hazards at musc.edu
Tue Mar 20 08:45:46 EST 2007

Folks,

This morning I downloaded and installed a security update for my MAC G5. I
am running MAC OSX 10.3.9.

Friday March 16 I was able to

ssh -X me at targetcpu

and launch my application

this morning March 19 I get this error:

X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  20 (X_GetProperty)
  Atom id in failed request:  0x25
  Serial number of failed request:  309

I can get an xclock window to open but the GUI for my application is not
able to launch.

I can work around this by setting xhost on the mac, ssh to remote
machine, setenv DISPLAY and launching the application.

Can you suggest some reasons why this current fix broke my

ssh -X trick?

Thanks,