Security Update from MAC breaks ssh -X

William Ahern william at 25thandClement.com
Tue Mar 20 10:26:48 EST 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 09:25:49AM +1100, Darren Tucker wrote:
> This has been the default for years, I don't know why you're only seeing
> problems now (unless Apple used to change the default in their packages
> and now don't?)

For one thing, Apple hasn't updated their version of OpenSSH for years.
Which patches they backport is anyone's guess. They certainly haven't
backported control socket mastering.

Likewise for OpenSSL. Basically, Apple ceased all Unix environment
development the moment OS X shipped. Soon porting Unix apps to OS X will be
as fun as to Microsoft's POSIX interface.