(20070302) Warning messages on FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE (Re: Call for release testing.)

Norihiko Murase skeleten at shillest.net
Thu Mar 29 19:08:03 EST 2007

|From: Darren Tucker <dtucker at zip.com.au>
|Subject: (20070302) Warning messages on FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE (Re: Call for release testing.)
|Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:13:07 +1000
|
|>Thanks for that, and apologies for not responding at the time.

Considering to release the new portable version for 4.6 ?
    :D~~

|>Now that we're trying to include headers once only from the .c file, the
...(snip)...
|>generates the warning.

Thank you very much for your explanation.

You have given two solutions:
(1)
  One way I can see of dealing with these is to have configure check the
  settings at configure time and put them in config.h.
------------------------------
(2)
  An alternative would be to include "defines.h" after the system headers
  but before the compat headers.
I think
   * that the method (1) is really reliable but not elegant.
   * that the method (2) is elegant but dangerous, which
     might cause other kinds of trouble...

When I checked includes.h and openbsd-compat/openbsd-compat.h,
I noticed that these two headers do "#include" each other:
%%%%% egrep -n '#include.*(includes|openbsd-compat)\.h' openbsd-compat/openbsd-compat.h includes.h
openbsd-compat/openbsd-compat.h:32:#include "includes.h"
includes.h:167:#include "openbsd-compat/openbsd-compat.h"
%%%%%
Is it done intentionally?

Thanks,
---