GSSAPI credentials delegation fails with a segfault

Johan Andersson johan at e-626.net
Tue May 1 02:18:46 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use the GSSAPIDelegateCredentials function to forward my
kerberos 5 tickets.
Authentication with GSSAPI/Kerberos 5 works fine, I can log in to the
server when I have valid tickets on my client.
But when I turn on GSSAPIDelegateCredentials I get "Connection reset by
peer" at the client side.
At the server side, I have been able to see that the user process gets a
segfault just after writing to the tickets cache.

I'm using:
openssh-4.5p1 (tested with 4.6p1 also)
heimdal-0.7.2
on a Gentoo 2006.1 i686 system.

First off: Have anyone seen this before?

Second: Even though I have set the core limit to 100M in limits.conf and
verified that it gets set using strace -f /usr/sbin/sshd, I don't get
any coredump. Is there any good way of debugging these kind of problems?

/Johan Andersson