GSSAPIDelegateCredentials fails with a segfault

Simon Wilkinson sxw at inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue May 1 03:13:43 EST 2007

On 30 Apr 2007, at 17:23, Johan Andersson wrote:

> First off: Have anyone seen this before?

No, this is the first report I've seen of this problem. Have you made
sure that all of your library dependencies are correct? That is, that
you're building, and running, against the same version of libgssapi.
Unfortunately, some vendors have taken to shipping a libgssapi which
doesn't conform to the GSSAPI API - this often causes segfaults at
unexpected moments.

> Second: Even though I have set the core limit to 100M in
> limits.conf and
> verified that it gets set using strace -f /usr/sbin/sshd, I don't get
> any coredump. Is there any good way of debugging these kind of
> problems?

Privsep makes it pretty tricky to follow through all of the processes
with a debugger. Often the easiest thing to do is to instrument the
code. If it is dying where you think it is, then adding additional
debug statements to ssh_gssapi_krb5_storecreds is the best place to
start. In particular, it's worth seeing if the call to
gss_krb5_copy_ccache is succeeding.

Simon.