FW: Cannot receive more that ~64k from host? (solution)

Cooper, Steve stevec at FutureSoft.com
Thu May 3 02:01:00 EST 2007

FYI:

	I needed to update local_consumed when I pulled data out for display...

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: openssh-unix-dev-bounces+stevec=futuresoft.com at mindrot.org
[mailto:openssh-unix-dev-bounces+stevec=futuresoft.com at mindrot.org]On
Behalf Of Cooper, Steve
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 3:40 PM
To: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
Subject: Cannot receive more that ~64k from host?

Hi All,

I have "converted" the openssh code into a Windows DLL and everything "works" up until around 64k of data packets is received from the host.  What I see from extensive debugging is that select() never reports that there is more data to read.  I was hoping someone could give me a clue as to what to try next???  I believe the Winsock receive buffer defaults to 64k, but the problem is not speed related.

- Yes, I have two different hosts to connect with (older Redhat and FreeBSD)
- Does not matter if SSH1 or SSH2
- Does not matter if interactive over time (listing files, editing programs, etc) or blasted (ll -R /usr) (ie: ~64k of data from the host over time or all at once.)
- The connection is still active...I run sshd in debug mode and the connection stays active until I end the SSH session and everything shuts down cleanly...

Any crazy ideas?
Thanks,
Steve

Steve Cooper
Developer
FutureSoft, Inc.
<www.futuresoft.com>
** This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender. **

FutureSoft, Inc.
12012 Wickchester Lane, Suite 600
Houston, TX 77079
If you no longer want to receive commercial e-mail correspondence
from FutureSoft, you may remove your address from our records
by visiting www.futuresoft.com/emailremoval.asp