dfs/dce and openssh

Simon Wilkinson sxw at inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri May 11 09:53:37 EST 2007

On 10 May 2007, at 16:24, Perry Smith wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that somehow Apple has managed to solve this
> problem.  They authenticate with Kerberos and I can log from system A
> to system B using ssh.  There may be two problems here...

I think we're talking at cross purposes here

1) If you're connecting to a system using an RSA/DSA key, there's no
way to use that RSA key to get Kerberos credentials
2) If you want to connect to a machine where the RSA public keys are
in a .authorized_keys file in the Kerberized filesystem - you need
that file to be readable by the sshd. This will let you log in, but
still won't give you Kerberos credentials.

Simon.