cmp: /usr/local/src/openssh-4.6p1/regress/ls.copy: No such file or directory

imacat imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw
Mon May 14 06:50:40 EST 2007

Dear all,

    Hi.  This is imacat from Taiwan.  I'm new to this list.

    I encountered the following failures when running "make tests" on
machines that haven't install OpenSSH yet.  It seems to fail at
regress/multiplex.sh.  It seems to specific to machines that haven't
install OpenSSH yet.  Once I have installed OpenSSH, the failure is gone.

    Might it be the case that regress/multiplex.sh accidently uses the
installed OpenSSH to test, rather than the just-built OpenSSH?  If so,
maybe this is something that need to be fixed.

    Please tell me if you need any more information, or if I could be of
any help.  Thank you.

imacat at rinse src/openssh-4.6p1 % make tests
run test connect.sh ...
ok simple connect
run test multiplex.sh ...
test connection multiplexing: envpass
test connection multiplexing: transfer
scp: failed copy /bin/ls
cmp: /usr/local/src/openssh-4.6p1/regress/ls.copy: No such file or directory
scp: corrupted copy of /bin/ls
test connection multiplexing: status 0
test connection multiplexing: status 1
test connection multiplexing: status 4