problem with sftp & huawei switches

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Mon Nov 5 05:44:54 EST 2007

(resend, my previous reply was from a non-subscribed address)

On Nov 4, 2007 4:39 AM, Milan Kocian <milon at wq.cz> wrote:
> I have the problem with sftp, I can't read files and dirs from huawei
> switches. I see:
>
> mm:/home/milon# sftp 10.1.1.30:vrpcfg.cfg .
> Connecting to 10.1.1.30...
> root at 10.1.1.30's password:
> Couldn't stat remote file: Operation unsupported
> File "flash:/flash:/vrpcfg.cfg" not found.
> Received disconnect from 10.1.1.30: 2: The connection is closed by
> SSH Server
> Current FSM is SSH_Main_Disconnect

Looks like your switch doesn't support the stat() operation, which
sftp(1) uses before the download and will abort the download if the
stat fails.

You can try this patch, which is against OpenBSD's -current but should
apply to 4.7 and 4.6 as well (and yeah, I know "goto" is bad, this is
the minimum change to test the theory.)

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.