enable none cipher

Chris Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Wed Nov 28 03:59:57 EST 2007

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 10:45:00AM -0800, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>>> the HPN-SSH patch
>> I wish the above mentioned patch could be added to the normal
>> distribution.
> ..
>
>> Any chance of rolling this patch into the main distribution?  I
>> asked this some months ago and received zero responses.  Pretty
>> please?
>
> I doubt the full HPN patch will be included anytime soon.

No, probably not :) The increase in the buffer size to 2MB will be
suitable for most people for the next few years. While I don't think
statically defining things is the optimal solution it is a lot easier
and avoids problems with the large buffer bug in older revs.

> But perhaps this specific part of it could be included as a configure
> option?

Well... If they're willing I can work on a patch to do this. However,
there are really only two important aspects to it - understanding that
there is no reason why you can't switch from one cipher to another when
you rekey and locking the usage of the none cipher down properly.