your mail

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Wed Oct 10 14:12:38 EST 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 02:29:37PM -0500, Larry Becke wrote:
> I understand that that is not how scp works today.

And it will likely never change.

> I'm suggesting that we make a minor change to how it works.

scp is maintained for compatibility reasons only, as I've understood
things.

> I am suggesting this will make it trivial to secure one subset of
> the system.  That subset being scp.

Moot point unless scp is the only way users can use the system, which
I don't think is the case all too often.

Either you're prepared to make an effort in order to make the system
secure, or it doesn't matter. Hacking up scp is good for neither. :\

//Peter