SCP protocol question and outstanding requests in SFTP

Jan Pechanec Jan.Pechanec at Sun.COM
Sat Oct 13 01:38:09 EST 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Chris Rapier wrote:

>Could you explain this in more detail or point out some resources that
>might explain some of the nuances?

	something is here:
	http://blogs.sun.com/janp/entry/how_the_scp_protocol_works

>SCP style arguments eg sftp blah user at foo:~/bar but that is, at best,
>far down the line in things I want to work on).

	yeah, upload is missing (that's why I still use scp). This is mainly
for command line since you can feed sftp through standard input in scripts.

	we plan to add command line upload for SSH OpenSolaris soon, if it's
not in OpenSSH CVS till then I'll send our patch.

--
Jan Pechanec