chroot support for ssh and sftp

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Sep 25 10:49:08 EST 2007

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007, Ryan Frantz wrote:

> 1. Are there plans to support chroot()'ing in the portable source?

I'd like to, but doing chroot safely is quite tricky - there are all sorts
of small corner cases that can make it quite unsafe. I have been working
on it a little recently, but I'm not sure that it will make the 4.8
release.

> 2. What other chroot options are there available for the portable source
> (I've seen Damien Miller's patch for OpenBSD, but I don't really have
> any experience coding in C)?

There are no chroot patches that I'd recommend for general use at the
moment.

-d