User-specific sshd_config?

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Sat Apr 5 02:46:01 EST 2008

Peter Stuge wrote:
> Ingemar Nilsson wrote:
> > I wonder if it would be possible to implement support for a
> > user-specific sshd_config.
> Either way I believe it will be much quicker to ask your friendly
> root to add the exception in a Match block in the system sshd_config.

When faced with a similar problem I ran an additional and separate
sshd and supplemented the configuration with command line arguments.
In this case IIRC -oPasswordAuthentication=no -Port=2222
-oPidFile=/var/run/sshd-noppass.pid and installed a control script
/etc/init.d/sshd.nopass and then adjusted firewall rules accordingly.

Bob