I got a strange "connection refused"

Dan Yefimov dan at nf15.lightwave.net.ru
Mon Apr 21 06:00:10 EST 2008

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008, Ian jonhson wrote:

> >  At what moment did you get a segmentation fault? What is in the strace log up
> >  to the moment of a child crash?
> >

> I got a "connection refused" in client.
> The symptom is similar with qin's: sshd can work in debug mode but deamon mode.
>
> It seems crash occurs in session open, but I am not sure.

As far as I can judge, according to the strace output you sent and information
you granted, the crash occurs in the privsep monitor process somewhere in the
key exchange code. May be somebody else in the list could either correct me or
point more exact location of the crash. BTW, if you created the
/var/empty/etc/localtime file populated with the content of /etc/localtime and
configured your syslogd to use /var/empty/dev/log socket in addition to the
standard /dev/log, you could get some output from the privsep child in one of
your log files. That could give us some additional clue on what is going on.
--

    Sincerely Your, Dan.