CIDR address/masklen matching support for permitopen="host:port" restrictions?

Bert Courtin courtin at gmx.de
Fri Aug 22 19:22:34 EST 2008

Dear openssh-unix-dev list,

in OpenSSH 5.1 you introduced CIDR address/masklen matching for "Match address" blocks in sshd_config as well as supporting CIDR matching in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys from="..." restrictions in sshd.

I wonder whether CIDR address/masklen matching will be implemented for permitopen="host:port" restrictions in sshd as well, that would be quite beneficially (at least for me, maybe others,too;-)?

Thank you - kind regards,

Bert.