Port forwarding using the client of a multiplexed connection.

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Dec 25 02:39:32 EST 2008

Hi Russell,

Russell Harmon wrote:
> I am trying to set up port forwarding using the client of a
> multiplexed connection, but the client is dying.
>
> The connection paramaters I am using are as follows:
> for the master: /usr/bin/ssh -T -n -N ..
> for the client: /usr/bin/ssh -T -n -N ..
..

> The master (this is only the part output when I start the client):
..
> debug2: muxserver_accept_control: got fds stdin 7, stdout 8, stderr 9
..
> debug2: shell request accepted on channel 0
> debug2: channel 0: read<=0 rfd 7 len 0
> debug2: channel 0: read failed
> debug2: channel 0: close_read
> debug2: channel 0: input open -> drain
> debug2: channel 0: ibuf empty
> debug2: channel 0: send eof
> debug2: channel 0: input drain -> closed
..

> The client:
..
> debug2: Received EOF from master
> debug2: Received exit status from master 0

This is a bit of a wild guess, but does it work if you run the client
without -T -N ?

It seems the server is trying to read from the client stdin even
though -T -N is given, and whey they don't return data the server
closes down the client.

I'm not sure there should be a shell request when using -T -N..

//Peter