RFC: ssh-copy-id tweaks

Jim Knoble jmknoble at pobox.com
Wed Feb 6 05:53:44 EST 2008

Circa 2008-02-05 12:16 dixit Peter Stuge:

: On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:52:13AM -0600, Ben Lindstrom wrote:
: > Geesh, I knew a better solution would be more complex, but this is
: > starting to be scary. =)
:
: Agree.

Seconded. :)

: Question is how much the remote part can improve if there is to be
: zero dependencies. On one hand it's nice to be independent, on the
: other hand OpenSSH will already be installed on the remote host.

Some implementation of SSH will already be installed on the remote host.
Currently, we pretty much bluster on through as if it's OpenSSH.

And there's no guarantee it will be a recent version of OpenSSH, either.
We might be copying an ID to a {cough} Solaris 8 system running an old
implementation of SunSSH....

--
jim knoble  |  jmknoble at pobox.com  |  http://www.pobox.com/~jmknoble/
(GnuPG key ID: 6F39C2CC  >>>>>>  http://www.pobox.com/~jmknoble/keys/ )