Optional 'test' or benchmark cipher

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 17 04:02:12 EST 2008

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Iain Morgan wrote:

> The topic of adding a NONE cipher has comes up on this list from time to
> time. Each time it has been shot down - for good reasons in my opinion.

Yea, thanks a lot...  Any hams that want to use SSH for
authentication over the air but not encryption of the data cannot do
so, whereas we used to be able to with earlier versions of some SSH
or other.  Legal requirements from the FCC prevent us from using any
codes or ciphers for actual data transfer over the airwaves, but we
are allowed to do authentication.

Curt, one of those hams that'd like to be able to use SSH again over
ham radio TCP/IP.