Availablity of OpenSSH on SCO Unixware 7.1.2

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Sat Jan 26 08:45:08 EST 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Andrew Harasymiw wrote:

> I have been asked to investigate the use of OpenSSH on some of our
> systems.
>
> These systems are running SCO OpenUnix ( Unixware 7.1.2).
>
> Are you aware of any issues that may prevent me from using OpenSSH on
> this version of SCO.

OpenSSH works fine on UnixWare 7.x/OpenUNIX 8
I have 7.1.1 & 7.1.4 running here.

Keep in mind you will need to build OpenSSL first.
I migrated off of 7.1.2 to 7.1.3 back in Dec 2003 and I can't remember if
it has a built-in random number generator (/dev/random, /dev/urandom).
If I remember correctly, 7.1.2 was the first release to have it. Check on
your system. If it doesn't have it, you'll need to build/install prng then
build/install OpenSSL, then OpenSSH.

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim at multitalents.net			Supporting UnixWare since the 1.1 days.