OpenSSH for OS/390

E Pivovarov e5pivovarov at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:36:37 EST 2008

Thanks!! Actually this should be very helpful, indeed.
>> It appears that some of the debugging messages are coming from the>> parent thread and some from the child thread. All I can add is that the>> buffer "m" in mm_getpwnamallow() has alloc=32768, offset=52, end=10055 and>> also that buffer_get_string() returns len=7, which is rather different>> from sizeof(*newopts)=9988, indeed. I am really lost here and cannot>> figure out what is wrong.> > That looks pretty wrong but I can't think of any reason it would happen.> Does this patch make any difference, what is the output of the XXX lines?

I believe that I have figured it out. The root of the problem is that passwd structure on z/OS and OS/390 is rather different from that on Unix because there is no /etc/passwd on the mainframe. (The errors were caused by my somewhat naive patch was not consistent.) Perhaps to do a proper password authentication one has to integrate OpenSSH with RACF. However, the thread to which you have referred me seems to address this issue, too.

Thanks,
Eugene