Frequent "Connection reset by peer"

Tuc at T-B-O-H ml at t-b-o-h.net
Tue Jan 29 14:40:18 EST 2008

Hi,

	Is there a way to tell why I'm getting frequent
"Connection reset by peer" all of a sudden?

	I'm using a FreeBSD machine, plugged via eithernet to a Linksys
router running DD-WRT, to another Linksys 50 feet away running DD-WRT,
both of them WDS'd together, plugged via ethernet to another FreeBSD machine.
With debug cranked, I see :

debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
debug3: channel 0: status: The following connections are open:
  #0 client-session (t4 r0 i0/0 o0/0 fd 4/5)

debug3: channel 0: close_fds r 4 w 5 e 6
Read from remote host 10.0.0.1: Connection reset by peer
Connection to 10.0.0.1 closed.
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 90 bytes in 106.9 seconds
debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 0.8
debug1: Exit status -1

		Thanks, Tuc