[openssh] Re: Frequent "Connection reset by peer"

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Thu Jan 31 17:18:12 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote about "Re: [openssh] Re: Frequent "Connection reset by peer"":
> 	I ran what you said, and the first one ran for about
> 2 minutes and then :
>
> Connection to 10.0.0.6 closed by remote host.
> Connection to 10.0.0.6 closed.
>
> 	And the 2nd time about 20 seconds before the same.

If I understood correctly, what you ran just opened a connection, but passed
no data for two minutes. Is it possible that your router simply disconnects
inactive TCP connections after two minutes, in the pretext of saving memory,
guard against DOS attacks, or who knows what?

You can try setting ServerAliveInterval in your client to something less than
two minutes, and see if it helps. E.g., in your ~/.ssh/config put

	ServerAliveInterval 60

--
Nadav Har'El                        |    Thursday, Jan 31 2008, 24 Shevat 5768