Build bug and execution bug

Bruce Korb bruce.korb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 06:43:30 EST 2008

Hi Ben,

> DESTDIR just allows you to do a "make install" into a different place than
> what the --prefix has defined.

Yes, I know that.  The reason you do that is so you can stage an install
and roll it up for multiple installs.  So, "make install DESTDIR=$stagedir"
should work.  It does not.  Anyhow, that is a minor issue.  The major,
incapacitating issue is that I simply cannot get RemoteForward to work.
I cannot figure out how to debug the problem, either.  *ANY* hints would
be extremely welcome.  I am currently completely unable to work.

Thank you. - Bruce