OpenSSH 5.1: call for testing

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jul 8 19:30:43 EST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 08:37:55AM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> > NetBSD 3.1 on Sparc64, CVS snapshot from "earlier today", has some
> > funnies in the test suite.
[..]

> OpenBSD suffered from a similar problem a while back, it turned out to be
> a kernel bug related to CMSG alignment:
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/kern/uipc_usrreq.c.diff?r1=1.37&r2=1.38
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/kern/uipc_usrreq.c.diff?r1=1.40&r2=1.41
>
> Short story: OpenSSH's use of the CMSG_* macros used to incorrect, but
> fixing it uncovered this kernel bug.

Hmmm.  OpenBSD's change log also mentions Sparc64 - this seems to be a
good platform for uncovering bugs...

Is the discussion preceding this OpenBSD kernel change online somewhere?  I'd
like to forward this to the NetBSD kernel list, but without a bit more
background, I can't really explain what's wrong.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de