Clear-Text Patch? was: Re: OpenSSH 5.1: call for testing

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 9 01:53:23 EST 2008

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Damien Miller wrote:

> OpenSSH 5.1 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release is one of
> the biggest in recent years, with two hackathons' worth of improvements
> and fixes for some of our most recalcitrant bugs.

Does this version have the clear-text-after-authentication patch in
it?  The amateur radio people still need this tweak in order to use
OpenSSH over ham radio data links.  The FCC does not allow
encryption of data on our frequencies, but does allow encryption for
authentication purposes.

We don't much care if it requires some new oddball command line
options, as long as it's supported in the base OpenSSH code and
generally compiled in.  We'd like it to eventually be available on
most Linux distributions ready-to-go for us.  In other words,
compiling in the patch from the HPN mods is beyond a lot of hams.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer