Changes in channel_connect_to

rapier rapier at psc.edu
Thu Jul 10 07:43:56 EST 2008

I just want to make sure I'm interpreting this correctly.

In 5.0 channel_connect_to would only return the requested socket. You'd
then need to use this socket to create the channel with with channel_new.

In 5.1 channel_connect_to doesn't return the socket but rolls in
channel_new and now returns the channel directly. The usage of
channel_new hasn't changed though, only channel_connect_to.

Is that about right? Are the any subtleties I'm missing?