OpenSSH 5.1: call for testing

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 22:10:58 EST 2008

On Jul 14 21:38, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > Your example is not what I had in mind.
> >
> > In your scenario ssh is running on an OS which supports IPv6, but the
> > target you're trying to connect to has no IPv6 address.
>
> Yes, I forgot about the fallback code. Doesn't cygwin provide its
> own getaddrinfo? I though winsock did...

Not in the still current 1.5.25.  The next major release 1.7 provides
fallback code for systems not supporting them (pre-XP).  That code
also checks for an AF_INET6 request and refuses it with EAI_FAMILY.
Hopefully the WinSock call starting with XP will do the same if the
IPv6 stack isn't activated.  Actually I never tried :}

> > Below you'll find a patch which fixes that problem in fake-rfc2553.c.
> > Tested on Cygwin 1.5.25.
>
> Applied - thanks.

Thanks to you,
Corinna