EOL in stderr of ssh - Linux

Stanislaw Kaminski stanislaw.kaminski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 00:26:47 EST 2008

Hello everyone,
recently I've found something I consider a bug.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that Linux' EOL is 0x0A.
Imagine my surprise when I saw that all messages that are being output
on to the stderr (on any Linux I've tested - Fedora and Ubuntu) are
terminated with 0x0D, 0x0A.

Maybe that's standard behaviour of all stderr messages in all Linux
software, but I have to admin it's the first time I saw something like
this.

So, can anybody tell me if it's for a purpose, or is it just a plain bug?

yours sincerely,
Stanislaw Kaminski