Openssh for Windows

Patel Dippen-CDP054 Dippen.Patel at motorola.com
Tue Jul 29 00:01:51 EST 2008

So basically, I have to download and install Cygwin from
http://cygwin.com/. Does this install the complete Cygwin or just a
small portion like the v3.8.1p1-1 below?

Are there security issues related to using Cygwin itself? The v3.8.1p1-1
version has a Readme that states that Cygwin uses shared memory to store
process information that is not protected.

How safe is the VanDyke version?

Could I use either of these on high security/ mission critical systems?

I have Windows Services running on different Windows machines and they
talk to each other. I need to protect the communication between these 2
services. One approach is using SSL. I am trying to investigate the
feasibility of using SSH tunnels so that I do NOT have to modify the
Applications.