SSH connection hang after upgrade

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Sat Jun 21 10:08:20 EST 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 04:00:16PM -0400, John DeStefano wrote:
> OK; thanks ... but if 'Protocol 2' is specified in sshd_config,
> should sshd be looking for an 'RSA1 key'?

Protocol is about what sshd speaks on the network.

But granted - there is no point in dealing with SSH v1 keys when
using protocol version v2. Please send patches. :)

> And why would it look at .ssh/id_rsa instead of looking for
> .ssh/identity,

Because .ssh/id_rsa is the default SSH v2 RSA key filename.

> which doesn't exist on my system but I believe is the file used for
> SSH v1 RSA? Is there a way to prevent it from doing so?

.ssh/identity is the default SSH v1 key filename.

The key thing is not a problem - that's just how sshd looks for keys.

I'm afraid I can't provide any good suggestions about the real
problem. :\

//Peter