Compile warning using additonal CFLAGS '-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -W'

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 05:22:08 EST 2008

Hi,

Ive just downloaded and build the portable openssh-5.0p1 source on my
Linux box, and when I add the CFLAGS '-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-qual -W' I get a lot of warnings of the following type:

- -Wuninitialized is not supported without -O
- cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
- warning: `foo' is not at beginning of declaration
- cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
- unused parameter 'foo'
- declaration of 'foo' shadows a global declaration
- empty body in an if-statement

Maybe one of the developers may need to look into these ?

]

Regards,

John Smith

PS: I can include the full compile log, but Im not sure that this
mailing list allows attaxchments.