ForceCommand internal-sftp causes sftp logging to fail (openssh-5.0p1)

Fred Kilbourn fred at fredk.com
Fri Jun 27 13:27:11 EST 2008

Larry,
	I tried this:

		ForceCommand internal-sftp -f AUTHPRIV -l VERBOSE

	But when I add either -f or -l flag, the connection is dropped
by the server as soon as I authenticate.

	Should I be quoting the arguments in some way on the
ForceCommand line?  Or is there another way to pass these parameters
along?  Or, is this something that openssh is not handling correctly?

	The following clip from a full debug test session:

debug1: session_new: init
debug1: session_new: session 0
debug1: session_open: channel 0
debug1: session_open: session 0: link with channel 0
debug1: server_input_channel_open: confirm session
debug1: server_input_channel_req: channel 0 request subsystem reply 1
debug1: session_by_channel: session 0 channel 0
debug1: session_input_channel_req: session 0 req subsystem
subsystem request for sftp
debug1: subsystem: exec() internal-sftp -f AUTHPRIV -l INFO
debug1: Forced command (config) 'internal-sftp -f AUTHPRIV -l INFO'
debug2: fd 3 setting TCP_NODELAY
debug2: fd 9 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug3: fd 9 is O_NONBLOCK
debug2: notify_done: reading
debug1: Received SIGCHLD.
debug1: session_by_pid: pid 2652
debug1: session_exit_message: session 0 channel 0 pid 2652
debug2: channel 0: request exit-status confirm 0
debug1: session_exit_message: release channel 0

Thanks,

Fred Kilbourn
Kilbourn Consulting, LLC
www.kilbournconsulting.com