Feature request

Doug Poulin dougp at prostyle.com
Wed May 28 12:27:15 EST 2008

The sshd server has what I think is a serious flaw.  There appears to be no way to turn off remote command execution.  (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

We have a server which uses a chroot jail, and rbash to severely limit what users can do on our system.  The remote command bypasses all of that.

ie.  ssh user at host cat /etc/passwd  will display the password file for the live system and not the chrooted jail.

I've checked the man pages and so far I haven't seen anything that will allow me to override this functionality.  We may be able to use the public/private key with the command override feature, but I'd rather the problem was addressed properly.

Comments?
Doug