Openssh + AFS

Jefferson Ogata Jefferson.Ogata at noaa.gov
Thu May 29 03:38:21 EST 2008

On 2008-05-28 08:51, Rainer Laatsch wrote:
> The user cannot create that by himself.

That's one of the benefits.

> Should the admin manually fulfill
> requests if there are > 50000 users? (Current count: 50090)

If the admin trusts the users to manage their own authenticators, he can
pre-create the authorized keys file for each user. Just touch an empty
file and chown it to the user; keep the directory 755.

Top posting is a sign of fuzzy thinking.

--
Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata at noaa.gov>
NOAA Computer Incident Response Team (N-CIRT) <ncirt at noaa.gov>