"ERR sshd: error: no more sessions" issue

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sat May 31 07:46:20 EST 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Praseed V Gopal wrote:

> Hi Damien,
> Thanks for your reply.
> One more question.
> Doesn't the channel ever time-out after sending the close?
> Or is it always required the channel to receive close from remote?

Yes, the protocol says it must stay open until the other end closes it.

Do note that your client is using session multiplexing. You might be able
to work around this leak by making your client use one session per
SSH connection (or some fixed maximum, e.g. 10).

> BTW, I discussed with the Java person, he is using Ganymed-SSH2 Java library
> (now bounty castle).
> Is there any known  interoperability  issues  here?

I'm not aware of any, but then again I wasn't aware that bouncycastle
even had an SSH implementation...

-d