OpenSSH 5.1 not *passing* escape sequences. [PASS:VAXman]

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Mon Nov 3 22:40:13 EST 2008

OpenSSH 5.1p1 was just installed on Linux machines here.  It appears that
escape sequences are not being passed to the underlying terminal for in-
terpretation and control.  I am now seeing \033[H and \033[2J.  This will
not bode well for users expecting classic escape sequences to be painting
and controlling their terminal screens.  Is there a magical incantation to
restore proper behavior?  Or is this a bug?

Thanks.
--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM