openssh on interix

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue Nov 11 06:15:41 EST 2008

Martin Koeppe wrote:
> Hi openssh developers,
>
> I'm trying to port openssh to Interix. See [1] for more on this.
>
> For Interix sshd needs to be patched to not use setuid()/setgid(), but
> an Interix specific function setuser(). See [2] why it is needed.
> Unfortunately, setuser() needs the clear-text password of the user to
> be fully functional (If you use password-less setuser(), then the
> user doesn't have network access rights, e.g. no access to a network
> home dir).

Sounds like what you are trying to do is run the sshd on a Windows
machine, and get the user's windows password so they can "login"
to Windows?

If the sshd could use the GSSAPI and delegated credentials, it might
be possible to pass the Kerberos ticket into the LSA.  This could give
you single sign on.
I believe with a registry setting, the Kerberos for Windows can do
something like this. You might want to ask on the kerberos at mit.edu list

http://www.vandyke.com/products/vshell/index.html
might be another possibility.