1 command ssh session

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Nov 11 06:11:59 EST 2008

No, it simply exec's it from the PATH/env given to the SSHD.  There's an
option to force it to init a shell or something like that if you want (or
for some reason need) the overhead.  I forget what it is but I'm sure
someone here can enlighten.

--On November 10, 2008 1:34:58 PM -0500 Mike Zupan <hijinks at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I wrote a patch to bash to log commands.. Now when I run the following
> command
>
> ssh user at hostname.com w
>
> It never seems to spawn a bash session. Is there some ssh internal shell
> that handles commands getting passed in like this?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler