OpenSSH issue

Bryan R Harris Bryan_R_Harris at raytheon.com
Sat Sep 13 04:09:37 EST 2008

I hope I'm sending this to the right place.

We have an issue with OpenSSH (we think).  Consider:

1)  on host A, run:  ssh hostB mycmd
2)  before mycmd exits:  kill <pid of ssh on host A>

In this case, ideally ssh would detect the TERM signal, notify the remote
sshd process of the shutdown, which would cause the remote sshd to terminate
taking "mycmd" down with it.  But it doesn't, ssh dies, and the remote
"mycmd" process on hostB continues running.

Is there a way to kill "mycmd" on hostB in this case?

TIA.

- Bryan Harris