Does OpenSSH support setting PAM_AUSER

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Mon Sep 15 22:37:58 EST 2008

Godugu, Rajeshwar (NSN - IN/Bangalore) wrote:
[...]
> "sshd-hostbased account requisite pam_roles.so.1 allow_remote"
>
> 1) My doubt is, In pam_roles man page it is not clearly mentioned, will
> it work with Open-ssh or SSH?
>
> 2) So can you please tell me, is this sshd-hostbased service will set
> PAM_AUSER or not?

PAM_AUSER is not part of the PAM spec (either XSSO[1] or the original
Sun RFC[2]) and OpenSSH does not currently use it.

The link you posted suggests that Sun have modified the sshd that ships
with Solaris to use it for some auth methods, but you would need to ask
Sun about that.

[1] http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/008329799/
[2] http://www.opengroup.org/tech/rfc/mirror-rfc/rfc86.0.txt

--